Saturday, May 2, 2009

People are Bastard Covered Bastards with Bastard Fillings


I’ve had a bad day. I woke up to my cell phone ringing. Since it was 5 am, I ignored it. But it kept ringing and ringing, and then I saw the alarm clock on the night stand. It wasn’t 5 am, it was 9 am and I was 2 hours late for my shift at the hospital. I answer the phone and was screamed at by my supervisor for a good 10 minutes. Luckily, I live 3 miles away from the hospital I was assigned to that day, unluckily, I wasn’t at home. So I scooped up my things, found a semi- clean but very wrinkled pair of scrubs in my car, and with no cup of coffee and no shower, I headed into work. I was doing pretty well at selling a lame excuse about car trouble until my attending doctor pointed out that I was wearing two different shoes. So now it was pretty obvious that I was going to be on a 15 hour walk of shame. Awesome.


Throughout the shift, I was puked on, spit on, bled on, kicked, and cussed out. But that’s a pretty normal day for a med student. Around midnight I start driving home absolutely exhausted. That yellow light turned red way faster than normal, and I knew that jeep the moment it hit me. Out stepped my ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend. I don’t mind that he found someone new at all. In fact, I’m happy for him. She seems like a nice person, however, she has cankles. I guess that’s something he can overlook, but I just don’t get it. This isn’t the first time we have all run into each other though. Why can’t you run into an ex when you’re looking good, and not covered in bodily fluids? It never fails, the last time I ran into this ex it was 3 am at a Rite Aid. I was buying a jumbo box of tampons and a gallon of ice cream. He was buying condoms. Awesome.


After sorting out the incident, I finally get home. I love living at the ocean front, but I hate that I can’t afford to buy my own place yet. I rent a duplex, and my neighbors decided this would be the perfect night to have a “Boot Scootin’ Boogie”. I’m not sure what that is exactly, but it seems to require loud country music, a dozen ‘good ol’ boys’, 3 Confederate flags, and a case of Miller High Life, the champagne of beers. I saw the beer pong table, the tubs of tobacco, and at least 5 dogs in the front lawn. Awesome.


It was pretty obvious that I wouldn’t get any sleep, so I headed over to the 7/11, grabbed a brown bag special and headed to the beach. It was beautiful night, I took the picture above to try and catch the lights reflecting off the water. I’ve always found the beach relaxing and soothing. I grew up in Florida, I’ve always lived by the water and there is some cheesy analogy I should insert here about the changing tides and the changes happening in my life, but I will refrain. There is an upside tot his douche of a day. I discovered something about myself that I’m sure will be with me for the rest of my life. It’s one of those discoveries that transcend the entire BS and bring you back down to earth, and I never in a million years would have found this out if it weren’t for the events of today. I had no idea how good a $4.25 bottle strawberry – banana
Mad Dog is. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment